MOBILIZE Seminar on online and offline campaigning
on 2-4 September 2015 in Budapest i partecipate a really nice Seminar called MOBILIZE Seminar online and offline campaigning organize by National Agency for Eurodesk Network.
In this articole I’m sharing the useful outcomes of the Seminar.
Special thanks for this great experience to: László Földi, Ivett Karvalits, Monika Kurdi and Zsolt Marton.
Objectives of the Seminar
- To elaborate on different challenges and practices of Eurodesk multipliers in promoting mobility programmes, providing information and contributing to the inclusion of all young people in European opportunities
- To create a space and time to discover alternative ways of outreach youth information activities (activism and guerrilla communication approaches)
- To explore various tools and creative techniques for creating social media content and managing online and offline campaigns,
- To share good practices, learn new and innovative approaches, concepts and activities
- To provide opportunities for participants to experiment on possible relevant tools and methods and to provide space for cooperation on international level
- To examine and evaluate the impact of the different online and offline campaigns
- To prepare for the forthcoming Eurodesk information campaigns
Participants expected the following outcomes:
- Learn about effective campaign tools
- Learn methods of promoting youth information.
- Learn about our ongoing campaigns towards young people.
- Get involved in the Time to Move campaign of Eurodesk.
- Share experiences in reaching out to young people.
- Learn how to campaign towards young people with mobility information.
- Learn about ways of attracting the attention of young people.
- Learn about tips and tricks on how to make a campaign successful.
- Build cooperation and networking with other participants.
- Learn ways of motivating young people to get involved in community actions.
- Learn language and ways young people communicate today.
Participants were looking for solutions to the following challenges:
- How to reach, motivate and involve young people who are not interested?
- How to involve young people to be protagonists?
- How to deal with too much information and too many channels?
- How to campaign effectively?
- How to campaign from desktop?
- Why is Eurodesk special in the big flood of information to youth?
- How to use social media?
- What do young people want?
- How to narrow the distance between youth workers and young people?
- How to communicate with young people?
Content and outcomes of the Seminar
Participants shared their practices and challenges in reaching young people with mobility information
The main challenges of the information providers are the lack of financial resources, lack of time, lack of creativity and lack of knowledge about the target groups. They also face a very high competition among information providers and the lack of motivation and empowerment of young people to get involved. The collected methods and practices show a low level of innovation and little use of modern marketing tools online and offline.